The question of whether to convert traditional IRAs to Roth IRAs is tricky. It's complicated by the uncertainty surrounding future income and estate tax rates AND future market returns. Join James DiLellio, Pepperdine Graziadio Business School associate professor of decision sciences, for a review of the following:
- The difference between traditional and Roth IRAs.
- Funding options to pay for the tax liability from the conversion.
- How to identify uncertain future conditions that lead to the optimal decision to convert.
- Quantify the breakeven point for a conversion funded by a taxable investment with significant unrealized capital gains
- Demonstrate an online calculator to help facilitate optimal decision making.
*CE/CPE Eligible: 1 CE credit is available to subscribers with these designations: CFP, CLU, ChFC and RICP. CPA subscribers will earn 1 CPE credits.
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this session.
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Financial Experts Network (Sponsor Id#: 145173) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.