Fights around money are incredibly common. Since financial planners engage their clients in conversations that directly related to their finances, conflict is bound to arise. In fact, studies have found that financial planners are often faced with clients experiencing financial conflict. Join financial therapist Megan McCoy for an interactive presentation that provides financial planners with tangible tools to help navigate disagreements. The tools are directly derived from evidenced based research from multiple disciplines such as psychology, neuroscience, communication, and conflict resolution but will be adapted to fit financial planners' unique needs and skills.
Attendees will learn:
- Understand why talking about money is difficult for many clients.
- Learn about how financial therapy can aid in a financial planning practice.
- Use techniques to gain empathy for the other during conflict.
- Gain insights into listening skills during conflict.
- Integrate Non-Violent Communication techniques to aid clients in expressing themselves more clearly.
- Discover the research on physiological arousal during conflict.
*CE/CPE Eligible: 1 CE credits are available to subscribers with these designations: CFP, CLU, ChFC and RICP. CPA subscribers will earn 1 CPE credits.
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this session.
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Financial Experts Network (Sponsor Id#: 145173) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.