Join Tom Duffy, CFP® for a interactive presentation full of real-life client scenarios that will help you better understand how you can meet your ethical requirements. This webinar is approved by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. and fulfills the requirement for CFP Board approved Ethics CE. It is designed to educate CFP® professionals on CFP Board’s new Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct. (The American College has accepted this CFP Ethics webinar for 2 hours of CE credit towards the CLU®, ChFC® and RICP® certifications.)
By the end of this program, the participant should be equipped to:
- LO 1: Understand the Structure and Content of the Revised Code and Standards, Including Significant Changes from Prior Rules.
- LO 2: Describe CFP Board’s Fiduciary Duty.
- LO 3: Identify Material Conflicts of Interest and How to Avoid, or Fully Disclose, Obtain Informed Consent, and Manage Them.
- LO 4: Understand the Duty to Report to CFP Board and the Duty to Cooperate.
- LO 5: Identify the Practice Standards When Providing Financial Advice that Requires Financial Planning or Financial Planning.
- LO 6: Understand the Duty to Provide Information to Clients When Providing Financial Advice and/or Financial Planning.