SECURE 2.0 provides incredible sales opportunities for financial and wealth planners, but every financial and wealth planner will be required to master the important new rules contained in the bill. The best way to get a jump start and prepare for SECURE 2.0 is to join Bob Keebler in this exclusive webinar where he will cover the following changes you need to master:
- An increase in the age for RMDs to age 75
- Catch-up contribution adjustments for taxpayers aged 60-63
- The transfer of 529 plans to Roth IRAs
- Inflation adjustments for catch-up contributions
- Expanded savers matches
- Removal of the 25% qualified life annuity limitation
- An increase in the QLAC limitation to $200,000
- A special provision for qualified birth or adoption distribution
- Changes to employee certification of deemed hardship distribution
- Modifications to the statute of limitations for excess contributions
- Penalty-free withdrawals from retirement plans in the case of domestic abuse
- Retroactive first-year elective deferrals for sole proprietors
- Modification of the treatment of IRAs involved in prohibited transactions
- Important clarifications of the 10% excise tax when transfers are made to an IRC § 72(t) SEPP plan.
- Instructions for the Treasury to issue legislative regulations on rollovers by January 1st, 2025
- Special provisions that Roth 401(k) plans will no longer be subject to the RMD rules
- A new exception to the 10% penalty under early distributions from qualified plans for individuals with a terminal illness
- Provisions that will allow a surviving spouse to elect to be treated as the employee of a qualified plan participant. This is an especially important provision for asset protection purposes in that the surviving spouse would seemingly be protected by ERISA.
- Changes in the exemption for early withdrawals for the age 50 rule to age 50 or 25 years of service.
·AND SO MUCH MORE!
*CE/CPE Eligible: 1 CE credit is available to subscribers with these designations: CFP, CLU, ChFC and RICP. CPA subscribers will earn 1 CPE credits.
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this session.
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Financial Experts Network (Sponsor Id#: 145173) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.