Anyone alive in 2030 can expect to live to age 100 and beyond, thanks to coming innovations in medical technology. Your clients will not only live longer than any previous generation, they’ll be in better health at age 95 than their grandparents were at age 55! Will their money last as long as they do?
Join us for Financial Planning in the Age of Longevity, presented by Ric Edelman, the nation’s most highly acclaimed financial advisor. Discover:
- Why we’re living longer: 100 years ago, we lived an average of 47 years.Today, according to the Society of Actuaries, we’re living on average 89 years.
- That many of the leading causes of death today will no longer be around in just 10 or 15 years.
- What people plan to do with an additional 10-20 years of retirement (and how to make their money last)
- How an emerging technology, focused ultrasound, already approved by the FDA for 7 treatments, has the potential to transform medicine directly related to tumors or disease
- That by 2035, 47% of today’s current jobs will no longer exist
- Why Naturally Occurring Retirement Communities and Shared Housing are two of the biggest trends in retirement living
- Why more seniors are happily aging in their own homes
- Why 7 in 10 middle class Americans will need Long-Term Care (and if it makes sense for you to buy LTC insurance)
- Why “Gray divorce” is a growing trend in America (and how people are planning for it)
- Why the Social Security Trust Fund may run out by 2032 (and cut your future benefit)
- Why traditional sources of retirement income (pensions, Social Security, investments) won’t carry your clients through a long retirement
- Why as a financial professional, you’ll need to understand exponential technologies and digital assets to help future-proof your client’s investment portfolio