State-run Retirement Programs are relatively new in the small business retirement marketplace, but they are growing fast. Today, we see 16 approved programs across 14 States and two cities, and at least 46 states that have either implemented or considered State-run Retirement Program initiatives since 2012. Along with establishing these programs, most states will now require that all businesses set up a retirement plan within a specified time frame.
This webinar addressed the following important questions and considerations:
• Why are States creating these programs?
• Does this impact employees that already participate in a retirement plan?
• What can small business owners expect when considering retirement options for their employees, and how can these programs help?
• If you live in a state with an active program, what do you need to know?
• What is the time frame for action for employers and for employees?
Learn the answers to these questions and more about how these retirement programs may impact your clients from Andrea Feirstein, Managing Director, and Ellen Breslow, Senior Consultant at AKF Consulting, the Program Consultant to State-run Retirement Programs in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland and Virginia and a leading Municipal Advisor to 529 and ABLE Programs nationwide.